"Astounding Science Fiction" (British Edition), June 1958 (ed John Campbell) (magazine, free): Annotated table of contents
Table of contents (best first).
- [novelette] Dean McLaughlin's "The Man on the Bottom" (A): Surviving a sure death...
- [novel - part 1, 2 (this), 3 of 3] Poul Anderson's "The Man Who Counts" (A): What if, during the creation of Israel during the 1940s, US had sided with Arabs instead of Israel? A very colorful fantasized variant of it.
- [novelette] Charles V DeVet & Katherine MacLean's "Second Game" (B) : When a much smaller & powerful country invades & totally crushes your country, you're still a winner because, over a few generations, you will absorb the enemy in your gene pool!
- [ss] Randall Garrett's "Penal Servitude" (B): Ultimate punishment for a tyrant...
- [ss] Fritz Leiber's "Try and Change the Past" (B); read online or download (need to scroll down the page); time travel: You cannot really influence the present & future by traveling to past & changing it, because of the natural law of "Conservation of Reality"...
Fact sheet.Labeled: Vol XIV No 6 (British Edition).
Download scans as a CBR file. [via Bob@pulpscans]
Note: Link points to a RAR file that contains target CBR, probably to work around some hosting service file naming constraints.
Related: Stories from the Astounding/Analog issues edited by John Campbell, old "pulps", 1950s.